It’s a common misconception that chilly weather means you won’t have to worry about pests during winter months. In reality, pests can present problems during any time of year. In particular, pest control experts see many insect-related issues during the winter months. Our leading team of exterminators serving St. Charles, MO, and the entire St. Louis metropolitan area can protect your home during the winter.
Here are five potential threats to look for throughout the winter months:
- Spiders: Eight-legged arachnids, including the orb weaver and potentially even poisonous varieties, are known for making their ways indoors as the temperature drops. Missouri is home to deadly spider species suchas the brown recluse, so keep an eye out for webs in and around your home.
- Carpenter Ants: Wintertime creates ideal temperatures for carpenter ants because they’re drawn to damp, dead wood. If they enter your home, they could tunnel through your walls for shelter, potentially causing significant damage.
- Cockroaches: Winter roach infestations aren’t unheard of. With fewer resources outside, these detested creatures seek shelter, heat, food, and water inside home environments. You’re more likely to spot them at night since they prefer darkness.
- Earwigs: Like roaches, earwigs prefer the dark. While they are relatively harmless, they can be a nuisance and produce a foul-smelling odor for defense. You may find them in damp areas of your home, such as in bathrooms, basements, and under sinks.
- Termites: Termites remain active during the wintertime. This means you can still spot signs of termite activity, such as mud tunnels, damaged paint or drywall, and piles of wings if you have an infestation — even if the temperature is below freezing.
If you suspect your home is infested with any of the insects listed above, call us today at (636) 300-4449. With prompt, reliable service, our pest control team will have your home free of insects in as little time as possible.